66th ANNUAL MEETING
May 20 – 22, 2012
Fairmont Royal York Hotel, TORONTO, ON
2012 SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
This meeting offers delegates the unique opportunity to learn from experts (academic and community) and share their own professional experience in various areas of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. Participants are encouraged to critically evaluate conventional patient care and to challenge state-of-the-art management. This meeting will also introduce attendees to evidence-based otolaryngology.
The Society will …
- offer podium and poster presentations of the most up-to-date clinical and scientific materials in the specialty of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery
- present a variety of workshops, panels and subspecialty sessions, based on need assessments and to provide more focused subject matter in an interactive setting
- provide a platform for constructive discussions on general otolaryngology as well as in subspecialty areas including head and neck oncology, laryngology, sinus disease, otology, neurotology, pediatric otolaryngology, facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and medical education.
- promote an atmosphere of academic, professional and social interaction amoung Society members, allied health providers, honoured guests and corporate partners.
The 66th Annual Meeting qualifies for 20.25 category 1 credit hours under the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification Program. In order to receive your certificate of attendance you must completed the evaluation booklet (in your delegate’s kit) and return it to either the onsite registration desk or by mail to the Society’s office.
We are please to announce that Dr. Thomas Gillis, Calgary, Alberta, will be this meeting’s Guest of Honour.
DOWNLOAD THE 2012 SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
- Program (without Abstracts/Learning Objectives) (updated May 14/12)
- Paper Abstracts (including Learning Objectives)
- Workshop Abstracts (including Learning Objectives)
FOR THE RESIDENTS
The Poliquin Resident’s Competition is scheduled for Monday afternoon, May 21.
Sunday, May 20 to Tuesday, May 22, 2012 – 09:00 to 17:00
The Canadian Room, Fairmont Royal York Hotel, TORONTO, ON
The Society will award a $500 prize for the best scientific poster at the meeting. For more details on the competition’s RULES and REGULATIONS click here.
IMPORTANT – Poster dimensions can be a MAXIMUM of 45″(wide) x 90″(high).
SET-UP – Saturday, May 19, 2012 – 14:00 to 18:00 and Sunday, May 20, 2012 – 06:00 to 09:00
DISMANTLE – Tuesday, May 22, 2012 – After 17:00
You MUST remove your poster at the appropriate time, otherwise we CANNOT guarantee its return.
ROYAL COLLEGE MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The 66th Annual Meeting is an accredited group learning activity under Section 1, as defined by the RCPSC for the maintenance of certification program. The total number of credit hours = 20.25 hours.
ALL PAPER PRESENTATIONS, WORKSHOPS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS will be recorded for publication on this website. PAPER PRESENTATIONS submitted to the Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery will be considered by the editorial board for possible publication.
PRE / POST CONVENTION COURSES, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
Friday and Saturday, May 18 & 19, 2012
- Advanced Sinus Surgery –
- Pediatric Endoscopy –
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty –
- Also, there will be an opportunity for a limited number of individuals to observe Toronto faculty in the operating room in a variety of subspecialties
Wednesday P.M. & Thursday, May 23 & 24, 2012
- Endoscopic Ear Surgery – brochure /
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Audrea Martin at email@example.com.
SPECIAL INTEREST MEETINGS: A schedule of all the extra meetings being held in Toronto, including council, committees and subspecialty interest groups, with be available shortly.
Telephone Reservations: 1-416-368-2511
Reservation online: Fairmont Royal York Hotel
IMPORTANT: AS OF MAY 15 ONLY ONSITE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To help avoid the Sunday morning rush, delegates will be able to register for the meeting on SATURDAY MAY 19, between 16:00 – 19:00.
The registration desk will be located on the convention floor of the Royal York Hotel.
Hours of Registration
- Saturday, May 19, 16:00 – 19:00
- Sunday, May 20 07:00 – 17:00
- Monday, May 21 07:00 – 17:00
A full refund of the registration fee will be given for cancellations received before APRIL 30, 2012. A fee of $50 will apply thereafter. Written acknowledgement of registration WILL NOT be provided prior to the meeting. Receipts will be distributed on site.
This year, we will be DILIGENT in checking for NAME BADGES. Please WEAR yours while on the convention floor. You will NOT be allowed access to the exhibit and food area without it.
LOCATION & TIME
Canadian Ballroom, Royal York Hotel, Toronto
Sunday, May 20, 2012 – 09:00 to 17:00
Monday, May 21, 2012 – 09:00 to 17:00
Saturday, May 19 – 14:00 to 18:00 and Sunday, May 20 – 06:00 to 09:00
DISMANTLE: Monday, May 21 – after 17:00
Buffet lunches and coffee breaks will be served in the exhibits area (CANADIAN BALLROOM, ROYAL YORK HOTEL).
Click on one of these links for …
Exhibiting Companies (alphabetically)
(additional items & services)
The Canadian Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery would like to gratefully acknowledge and thank all our corporate supporters…
Karl Storz Canada
Nycomed Canada (Takeda)
Helix Hearing Care
PendoPharm, Div. of Pharmascience