Who Can Join
ACTIVE membership is open to graduates in medicine of a Medical School approved by the Board of Directors of the Society. In addition the individual must hold a certificate in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or an equivalent qualification approved by the Board of Directors of the Society. (See list of accepted jurisdictions)
ASSOCIATE membership is open to all residents training in Canadian otolaryngology programs or to a Canadian citizen in an otolaryngology training program approved by the Board of Directors of the Society.
AFFILIATE membership is open to those individuals who are actively undertaking professional work in areas relating to otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, although they need not be otolaryngology-head and neck surgeons or necessarily physicians.
EMERITUS membership are ACTIVE members in good standing who have fifteen (15) years or more of membership in the Society and have reached the age of sixty-five (65) or are retired from active practice. The request for emeritus membership must be made in writing to the Secretary of the Society.
Top 10 Reasons to be a Member of the Society
- It is the right thing to do!
- Attend the Annual Scientific Meeting at a reduced rate.
- Save 50% on the publication fee for accepted articles to the Journal of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
- Access on-line resources including CPD online courses with credit.
- Advocate for your patients as part of a national body in your scope of practice.
- Collaborate with your colleagues from coast to coast to coast.
- Enhance your credibility by belonging to your National Society.
- Socialize with your peers in all disciplines of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Access or assist in developing professional standards and guidelines for our profession.
TO APPLY for MEMBERSHIP in the Society, please:
- DOWNLOAD the CSOHNS Membership Form (PDF), completed and return to the office by email ([email protected]), fax (519) 846-9529 or mail (CSOHNS 68 Gilkison Street, ELORA, ON N0B 1S0)
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact the office by phone (519) 846-0630 or email [email protected].
If you have let your membership in the Society lapse and wish to once again become a member, kindly send a note to [email protected] and we will reinstate you upon payment of your dues.