The Canadian Society of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery is dedicated to improving patient care through the support of education, the promotion of research, the dissemination of information, the scientific advancement of the Society, and the maintenance of high professional and ethical standards.
The means of accomplishing this mission include the publication of a journal, the holding of an annual scientific meeting, collaboration with the Royal College in the holding of certification examinations, and the promotion of continuing medical education.
The Society acknowledges that professional development represents more than traditional continuing medical education focused primarily on updating medical knowledge and intends to offer learning opportunities that extend beyond the limits of traditional themes.
Position Statements and Guidelines
- Position on Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI): Canadian Infant Hearing Task Force (2016)
- Position On Cochlear Implants In Children
- Position On Hearing Loss And Otolaryngological Disease In Developing Communities
- Position On HPV Vaccination for Males
- Guidelines for Same Day Thyroid Surgery