73rd Annual Meeting
“Music, Mentorship and Motivation in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery”
June 1 – 4, 2019
Shaw Convention Centre / Fairmont Macdonald Hotel
Dr. Frederick K. Kozak, Vancouver, BC
Local Arrangements Chair
Dr. Eddie Eksteen, Edmonton, AB
Scientific Program Chair
Dr. Vincent Lin, Toronto, ON
Dr. Charles Limb, San Fransico, CA Canadian Forces Major Jameel Janjua, Calgary, AB
Dr. Nadine Caron, Vancouver, BC
2019 Call for Abstracts is now CLOSED. For more information about the upcoming meeting in Edmonton please click here.
Call for Nominations
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Below please find description/terms of reference for the Co-EIC position. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest with a brief vision statement as well as a curriculum vitae to the Nominating Committee chair, Dr. Erin Wright ([email protected]) with a copy to Donna Humphrey ([email protected]). Deadline for applications will be April 29, 2019.
Terms of Reference/Job Description for the Co-Editor(s)-in-Chief
- Promote the journal
- Sets the journal strategy, mechanisms and policies.
- Monitors the journals performance and, optimizes the journals impact factor through continually improving the quality of publications.
- Presents unbiased, independent, and professional advice to the associate editors maintains confidentiality about board activities and discussion, and in doing so abides by the conflict of interest policy.
- Assesses the associate editors’ recommendations regarding manuscripts for quality, interest level and scientific merit in a timely manner, ideally 7 days.
- Manages the editorial process.
- Recommends associate editors for the peer review process
- Chairs the editorial board meetings
- Project management of special issues and thematic series.
- Solicits and recommends external editorial board membership and mentors junior editorial board members.
- An established track record of research, scholarship, peer review, scientific publication and evidence based medicine.
- Established publication editorial experience such as associate editor, handling editor, etc.
- Declared conflict of interest to the society (financial, other journal or societal membership).
- Well-developed expertise in the area of OHNS.
- Excellent writing and other communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- The Journal is committed to work alongside the publisher and the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology stakeholders to improve inclusivity.
- There should be an effort made to represent diversity of region and institution in the selection of the co-editors in chief.
- Because of the close working relationship, it is important but not required that the existing co- editor in chief agree to the incoming co-editor in chief.
Five years renewable once
Other Positions, 2019/2020
The following positions are open for nominations –
- 2nd Vice-president Elect (2023 AGM)
- Regional Representative for Ontario
- Physician Resources Chair
Positions will be decided during the business meeting at the Edmonton Annual meeting, Tuesday, June 4, 2019. Interested individuals should send a CV along with a letter explaining why they would be right for the position. Submissions can be emailed, faxed or mailed to: Dr. Erin Wright, Nominating Comittee Chair, c/o CSOHNS, 68 Gilkison St., ELORA, ON N0B 1S0, Email – [email protected]
2019 Membership Dues
To pay your 2019 dues please click here.
- (mailed as hardcopy)
- (mailed as hardcopy)
Top 10 Reasons to be a Member of the Society
- It is the right thing to do!
- Attend the Annual Scientific Meeting at a reduced rate.
- Waive the publication fee for accepted articles to the Journal of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (worth $1750 USD).
- Access on-line resources including CPD online courses with credit – COMING SOON.
- Advocate for your patients as part of a national body in your scope of practice.
- Collaborate with your colleagues from coast to coast to coast.
- Enhance your credibility by belonging to your National Society.
- Socialize with your peers in all disciplines of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Access or assist in developing professional standards and guidelines for our profession.
Join now … click here
Employment OpportunitiesNEW!(Feb 16/19)
GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGY LOCUM, PETERBOROUGH, ON
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is looking for a full-time Locum General Otolaryngologist to join the group of four other Otolaryngology surgeons in Peterborough for one year starting July 2019.
The full-time locum can expect: 3-4 OR days per month at PRHC; Participation in 1 in 4 on-call coverage to cover Peterborough and surrounding areas; Clinic with Audiology capabilities treating both paediatric and adult patients.
The candidate should be a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and currently or eligible to be registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Please contact Dr Michael Au at [email protected] with CV, if interested.NEW!(Feb 13/19)
FULL-TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, AMHERST, NS
The Department of Otolaryngology is looking for a otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon – Read More NEW!(Feb 13/19)
GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, SYDNEY, NS
We are seeking a general otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon to join our collegial group – Read More NEW!(Feb 12/19)
LARYNGOLOGIST, OTTAWA, ON
The Department of Otolarynology for the University of Ottawa / The Ottawa Hospital Faculty of Medicine invites applications for a Laryngologist – Read More NEW!(Feb 12/19)
RHINOLOGIST, OTTAWA, ON
The Department of Otolarynology for the University of Ottawa / The Ottawa Hospital Faculty of Medicine invites applications for a Rhinologist – Read More NEW!(Feb 12/19)
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, RICHMOND HILL, ON
We are a hospital grade facility located on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill, that offers a wide range of specialties coming from multiple health care backgrounds and a team of interactive professionals. We have several exam rooms and two main operating rooms where we are permitted to perform many surgeries under general anesthesia.
If you are interested, please contact our office manager at (289) 597-7676 Ext:233 or [email protected] for further information!NEW!(Jan 29/19)
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, CHATHAM, ON
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance has an immediate opportunity for a full time Otolaryngologist in our surgical program. Read More NEW!(Jan 27/19)
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, QUÉBEC, QC
The ENT-HNS service of the CHU de Québec is seeking an otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon for a permanent full-time position with a sub-specialty in neurotology and laternal skull base surgery. Read More RENEWED (Jan 24/19)
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, VICTORIA, VANCOUVER ISLAND
Division of Otolarynology of Island Health is seeking an otolaryngologist in Victoria to start immediately for a temporary period of 12 months. Read More NEW!(Jan 21/19)
PART TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, TORONTO, ON
Canadian Hearing Society of Toronto invites applications for an Otolaryngologist. Read More
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, KELOWNA, BC
Kelowna General Hospital is seeking a full time Otolaryngologist with otology focus, to join our team. Read More
LOCUM OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, CAMBRIDGE, ON
Cambridge Memorial Hospital, the Department of Surgery is looking for a Locum Otolaryngologist to join the surgical team as of May 2019 for one year. Read More
LOCUM GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, ABBOTSFORD, BC
Abbotsford (Vancouver area) General Otolaryngology locum position. Full-time coverage with surgical privileges for the summer of 2019. Open to interest regarding longer term medical otolaryngology position with some surgical time, starting immediately. Located in the Fraser Valley, this is one of the fastest growing areas in Canada and is already significantly under serviced. 45 minute drive from Vancouver when traffic is light. Enthusiastic, supportive group looking for a colleague. Please reply to [email protected]
GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, TRAIL, BC
The Department of Otolaryngology at the Kootney Boundary Regional Hospital is seeking a general otolaryngologist. Read More
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, SARNIA, ON
Bluewater Health seeks a full-time otolaryngologist to manage and treat adult and pediatric patients within the hospital and the Sarnia-Lambton community. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST-HEAD AND NECK SURGEON, SAINT JOHN, NB
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2) is actively seeking a permanent full-time Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGY LOCUM, RICHMOND HILL, ON
Dr. Morong is currently seeking an otolaryngologist to cover her surgical and clinical practice in Richmond Hill ON starting April 2019 while on maternity leave. The surgeon will participate in paid on-call coverage, have dedicated OR time and be expected to work 3-4 full clinic days per week. For further details please email: [email protected] or Tel: 416-548-4039.
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, COOPERSTOWN, NY
Leading central New York State Healthcare Network’s physician medical group of
400 physicians and Advanced Practitioners and a major teaching affiliate of
Columbia University seeks an Otolaryngologist to join their highly-respected and
established Otolaryngology practice. Read More
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, PEMBROKE, ON
Pembroke Regional Hospital is seeking a full-time otolaryngologist. Read More
To post “for sale” items contact us at [email protected] .
Please check our overview of upcoming events:All Events Events Split Per Region*
*Events per region: Canada, United States and International
To post announcements for upcoming meetings, courses or workshops contact us [email protected] .
Past Annual Meetings
To review details from past annual meetings please click here.