73rd Annual Meeting
“Music, Mentorship and Motivation in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery”
June 1 – 4, 2019
Shaw Convention Centre / Fairmont Macdonald Hotel
Dr. Frederick K. Kozak, Vancouver, BC
Local Arrangements Chair
Dr. Eddie Eksteen, Edmonton, AB
Scientific Program Chair
Dr. Vincent Lin, Toronto, ON
Dr. Charles Limb, San Fransico, CA Canadian Forces Major Jameel Janjua, Calgary, AB
2019 Call for Abstracts is now CLOSED. For more information about the upcoming meeting in Edmonton please click here.
Call for Nominations
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Below please find description/terms of reference for the Co-EIC position. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest with a brief vision statement as well as a curriculum vitae to the Nominating Committee chair, Dr. Erin Wright ([email protected]) with a copy to Donna Humphrey ([email protected]). Deadline for applications will be April 29, 2019.
Terms of Reference/Job Description for the Co-Editor(s)-in-Chief
- Promote the journal
- Sets the journal strategy, mechanisms and policies.
- Monitors the journals performance and, optimizes the journals impact factor through continually improving the quality of publications.
- Presents unbiased, independent, and professional advice to the associate editors maintains confidentiality about board activities and discussion, and in doing so abides by the conflict of interest policy.
- Assesses the associate editors’ recommendations regarding manuscripts for quality, interest level and scientific merit in a timely manner, ideally 7 days.
- Manages the editorial process.
- Recommends associate editors for the peer review process
- Chairs the editorial board meetings
- Project management of special issues and thematic series.
- Solicits and recommends external editorial board membership and mentors junior editorial board members.
- An established track record of research, scholarship, peer review, scientific publication and evidence based medicine.
- Established publication editorial experience such as associate editor, handling editor, etc.
- Declared conflict of interest to the society (financial, other journal or societal membership).
- Well-developed expertise in the area of OHNS.
- Excellent writing and other communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- The Journal is committed to work alongside the publisher and the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology stakeholders to improve inclusivity.
- There should be an effort made to represent diversity of region and institution in the selection of the co-editors in chief.
- Because of the close working relationship, it is important but not required that the existing co- editor in chief agree to the incoming co-editor in chief.
Five years renewable once
Other Positions, 2019/2020
The following positions are open for nominations –
- 2nd Vice-president Elect (2023 AGM)
- Regional Representative for Ontario
- Physician Resources Chair
Positions will be decided during the business meeting at the Edmonton Annual meeting, Tuesday, June 4, 2019. Interested individuals should send a CV along with a letter explaining why they would be right for the position. Submissions can be emailed, faxed or mailed to: Dr. Erin Wright, Nominating Comittee Chair, c/o CSOHNS, 68 Gilkison St., ELORA, ON N0B 1S0, Email – [email protected]
2018 Membership Dues
To pay your 2018 dues please click here.
Top 10 Reasons to be a Member of the Society
- It is the right thing to do!
- Attend the Annual Scientific Meeting at a reduced rate.
- Waive the publication fee for accepted articles to the Journal of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (worth $1750 USD).
- Access on-line resources including CPD online courses with credit – COMING SOON.
- Advocate for your patients as part of a national body in your scope of practice.
- Collaborate with your colleagues from coast to coast to coast.
- Enhance your credibility by belonging to your National Society.
- Socialize with your peers in all disciplines of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Access or assist in developing professional standards and guidelines for our profession.
Join now … click here
- NEW POST (mailed as hardcopy)
- (mailed as hardcopy)
- (mailed as hardcopy)
- (mailed as hardcopy)
Employment OpportunitiesNEW!(Dec 4/18)
OTOLARYNGOLOGY LOCUM, RICHMOND HILL, ON
- Dr. Morong is currently seeking an otolaryngologist to cover her surgical and clinical practice in Richmond Hill ON starting April 2019 while on maternity leave. The surgeon will participate in paid on-call coverage, have dedicated OR time and be expected to work 3-4 full clinic days per week. For further details please email: [email protected]
or Tel: 416-548-4039.NEW!(Nov 20/18)
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, COOPERSTOWN, NY
Leading central New York State Healthcare Network’s physician medical group of
400 physicians and Advanced Practitioners and a major teaching affiliate of
Columbia University seeks an Otolaryngologist to join their highly-respected and
established Otolaryngology practice. Read More NEW!(Nov 18/18)
FULL TIME OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, PEMBROKE, ON
Pembroke Regional Hospital is seeking a full-time otolaryngologist. Read More NEW!(Nov 9/18)
GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, TRAIL, BC
The Department of Otolaryngology at the Kootney Boundary Regional Hospital is seeking a general otolaryngologist. Read More NEW!(Nov 9/18)
GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, KAMLOOPS, BC
The Royal Inland Hospital, Kamloops, BC, is seeking a general otolaryngologist. Read More NEW!(Nov 8/18)
PEDIATRIC OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, VANCOUVER, BC
British Columbia Children’s Hospital and the University of British Columbia is seeking a full-time pediatric otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, RED DEER, AB
Alberta Health Services – Central Zone is actively recruiting and inviting applications for a 3rd full-time otolaryngologist to join its team. Read More
ACADEMIC PEDIATRIC ENT SURGEON, SASKATOON, SK
Saskatchewan Health Authority-Saskatoon and the University of Saskatchewan, Department of Surgery, Division of ENT Surgery, is seeking a pediatric ENT surgeon with clinical and academic interests. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, VICTORIA, VANCOUVER ISLAND
Division of Otolarynology of Island Health is seeking an otolaryngologist in Victoria to start immediately for a temporary period of 12 months. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, CAIRNS, NORTH QLD, AUSTRALIA
The Cairns Hospital and the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Services are seeking a Senior Staff/Staff specialist to assist in the provision of high quality services to patients requiring Ear, Nose and Throat services. Read More
OTOLARYNGOLOGIST-HEAD AND NECK SURGEON, TORONTO, ON
The Dept of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgeon is seeking to recruit a full-time head & neck surgeon at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to a position at the University Health Network. Read More
SPECIALIST OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, WHANGAREI, NEW ZEALAND
Northland District Health Board is seeking a Consultant Otolaryngologist to join our team of four Consultants, two registrars and a House Officer. Read More
To post “for sale” items contact us at [email protected] .
Please check our overview of upcoming events:All Events Events Split Per Region*
*Events per region: Canada, United States and International
To post announcements for upcoming meetings, courses or workshops contact us [email protected] .
Past Annual Meetings
To review details from past annual meetings please click here.